Tadley Court School, Tadley Common Road, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 3TB
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (term time only)
Tadley Court School are recruiting for a Senior Learning Support Assistant to be a key member of our teaching support team. Set in a semi-rural location within four acres of beautifully mature grounds, Tadley Court School is a co-educational school specialising in the care and education of pupils between the ages of 5 to 19 who are diagnosed as being on the autistic spectrum with associated learning difficulties. Children may also have challenging behaviour as a result of their communication difficulties and lack of social understanding.
Within our safe, structured and predictable environment, pupils will develop the skills needed to live as independently as possible, so that they are able to enjoy their lives and make real life choices as they reach adulthood.
This role is to work 38 weeks of the year, term time only. You'll be working the following hours: 08:00-16:00 or 08:30-16:30.
As a Senior Learning Support Assistant, you will:
- Support the effective delivery of education and independence programmes through the effective supervision of a small team of Learning Support staff
- Act as a positive role model by providing guidance for your own team and contributing to their performance and professional development
- Have the ability to balance conflicting priorities presented during the school day by addressing unpredictable situations and the changing requirements and needs of students and staff.
To support our young people to achieve their full potential, you will have:
- Previous experience of working with children and young people with autism although this is not essential as full training is provided
- Excellent communication skills, along with patience and enthusiasm
- Highly developed organisational skills
- A high degree of emotional resilience and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Career Pathways – we don’t just offer you a job, we offer you a career! Visit https://www.priorycareerpathways.com/ to find out more!
If you would like to find out more or if you have specific questions to ask before making an application please contact Dianne Price, School Business Manager on 07795 636193.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.