10 hours per week (11.30am - 1.30pm each day), 39 weeks per year
We are looking to appoint a Senior Midday Supervisor who is enthusiastic and approachable to join our caring team. We endeavour to make the children’s lunchtime experience both positive and active.
The successful applicant will be a team leader of the school staff who are responsible for pupil supervision during lunchtimes. They will help to engage, motivate and encourage students to participate in lunchtime activities, whilst also promoting good social interaction. They will need to be calm, approachable and have a positive outlook.
During the midday break the Senior Midday Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring:
- The transition of pupils from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground (or other designated areas during wet play) and back to class at the end of lunchtime;
- The supervision and support of pupils whilst they eat;
- The promotion and supervision of positive and active play and pupil relationships;
- Health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training);
- Pupil discipline and behaviour management;
- Managing a team of Midday Assistants on a daily basis, which will include effective deployment of staff.
As a school we will be able to offer a friendly and welcoming work environment with the opportunity for training.
Please note: The London Borough of Havering is currently undertaking a review of employee terms and conditions, which is planned to be implemented by April 2017. This means that the terms and conditions described in the job pack will be accurate at the time of appointment. However aspects of those terms and conditions (including pay) could be subject to change following implementation of proposals arising from this review.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th December 2016 - 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 19th December 2016
Hilldene Primary School
Tel : 01708 342453