Strathmore College, Bellringer Road, Trentham Lakes South, Stoke on Trent, ST4 8LJ
Hours: 40 hours per week - Working hours ranging from 8am - 10pm with sleep in and on call duties
Strathmore College is seeking permanent full time Senior Residential Learning Support Workers to join their team.
Strathmore College is a residential and day college in Stoke on Trent. The college provides education provision for learners aged 16-25 years who have learning difficulties, emotional, social and behavioural difficulties/disability. The cohort of learners’ needs include mild to severe learning difficulty/disability, Downs Syndrome, Autistic Spectrum Conditions, speech and language difficulties coupled with other health related, mental or physical difficulties. The learner’s needs are increasingly more complex, with a number of learners who were NEET and those who were finding engaging in education and learning challenging. The College uses meaningful, practical learning activities to engage and motivate learners.
This role includes supporting the effective delivery of education, care and independence programmes for Learners and Young People through the effective supervision of Learning Support Assistants, ensuring that facilities comply with statutory regulations and quality standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the recording of progress for learners’ whilst as staff and as part of the team.
- Manages the wellbeing and behaviour of Learners and Young People, including sensitive pastoral situations, dealing with immediate issues on shift and within the team
- Support staff to maintain effective professional relationships with learners, parents, colleagues, outside agencies and other professionals
- Acting as a positive role model, provide effective supervision and guidance and contributing to the staff performance and professional development
- Enable learners to keep themselves safe, developing ways to learn about risk and how to manage the risk in order to keep them safe
- Continually develops skills to be a reflective practitioner, and adapts newly proven techniques with the service.
- On call management responsibilities, including taking part in the on call system cover for the college, including out of term time.
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to continual professional development
- Online benefits and cash back rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Just Drive scheme
- SMART Pension option.
For further information or an informal chat, please call Kelly Blackband on 01782 647380.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.