The Brindishe Federation of schools has an opportunity for a School Business Manager that would like the experience of working across our three schools in Lewisham, SE London as maternity cover.
- Brindishe Green School, Beacon Road, London, SE13 6EH
- Brindishe Manor School Leahurst Road, London, SE13 5LS
- Brindishe Lee School, Wantage Road, London, SE13 8NA
What we’re looking for
A great opportunity for an exceptional and experienced School Business Manager that is wanting their next challenge. This person will manage and maintain all business aspects across our Federation of 3 schools. We are looking for someone that is able to manage the schools’ financial resource management (HCSS), administration management (Arbor), human resource management in each school and across the Federation, and support the information systems and premises functions. This person is key in maintaining the high standards in place whilst supporting the Executive Head of the Federation in her duty to ensure that each Brindishe School meets its educational aims
Naturally this person will have highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional organisation and problem solving skills, with an ability to work under pressure and prioritise accordingly. Good working knowledge of MS Office package and ideally HCSS Finance and Arbor MIS.
Brindishe Green, Brindishe Manor and Brindishe Lee are all forward thinking, lively and ambitious Ofsted-rated outstanding primary schools. We work as a close partnership of 3 highly successful local authority primary schools known as the Brindishe Schools.
We are looking for someone that can contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the schools, Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, Attend and participate in regular meetings, Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required and recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others
As this is maternity cover it is a great opportunity for someone who wants grow and develop their experiences and stretch their skills in an environment that has well established ways of working. starting in January 2020 and finishing in May 2021will mean there is a full term of handover before the maternity leave starts and a hand over period at the end of the contract.
Key Purpose of the Job
The Senior School Business Manager has a key position within the school to:
- Maintain the finance function including budgets and financial planning of the schools.
- Maintain the high standard of business ethos within the administrative function of the schools and ensure that the most effective use of resources are used to support of the schools’ learning.
- Ensure that administrative functions throughout each school i.e. premises, personnel, financial and IT services and systems within the school meet current legislation, London Borough of Lewisham (LBL) and school based policies.
- Support the strategic planning of the school’s development strategies to make it effective and assist other SLTs in their plans so that all plans are integrated into the SCDP (Schools’ Community Development Plans).
- The Senior School Business Manager reports to the Executive Head, and will manage the following three schools’ core business functions, these being:
- The Senior School Business Manager reporting to the Executive Head will assist and support the following three schools’ core business functions, these being:
a. Health and Safety
c. Premises and Sites
As this is maternity cover it is a great opportunity for someone who wants grow and develop their experiences and stretch their skills in an environment that has well established ways of working, with very experienced admin, HR, and Finance teams, highly skilled premises and IT teams and a strong Senior Leadership team. starting the position in January 2020 and finishing in May 2021 will allow a full term of handover before the maternity leave starts and a hand over period at the end of the contract.
PO4 Spine points 37-39 £42,432 - £44,373
All year round, 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 26 days holidays plus bank holidays each year
For more information each school has a website, please visit www.lewisham.gov.uk/JobsAndCareers and search council vacancies or Apply using the application form available from this site.
Completed application forms please to be emailed to our Executive Head Rachel Waite email@example.com?by midday 9th December followed by a hard signed copy sent to Brindishe Green School, Beacon Road, London SE13 6EH.
If you would like to visit the school or ask any questions about the role please contact Rachel Waite on 07508 868726 or Helen Ahsan, Federation Business Manager on 07787434200.
Midday Monday 9 December 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 11th December / Thursday 12th December 2019
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The post is subject to a DBS.