"I believe in the importance of our profession and the endless possibilities of a quality education." David Ingram, Founding Head of College.
Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi was founded in 2016. The College has quickly established itself as one of the standout international schools in the city. Known for our warm welcome and positive relationships, we live by our College values;
Aim high and work hard
Be kind and respectful
Make a difference
We are inviting applications from teachers who are fully aligned with these values and demonstrate our professional demeanors:
- We believe that every child deserves a champion
- We believe that getting better never stops so we all have a professional obligation to improve as teachers.
- We understand that this will involve stepping out of our comfort zone
- We believe in a culture of the possible, where we can all make progress beyond what anyone, including ourselves, could have imagined
- We believe that truly great teaching is that which improves students progress.
- We believe an evidence-informed approach to teaching and learning helps us identify what works best in the classroom.
- We believe that hard work is the key to success for staff and students.
- We believe that you cannot just wish teachers and students to be better - you have to create the conditions for them to grow.
- We believe basic literacy and numeracy are essential to students making good progress.
- We welcome diverse ideas to solve problems.
- We believe that feedback should be timely and respond to the needs of the individual student so that they can actively engage with the feedback.
- We value professional generosity.
- We believe that we all have a professional obligation to exercise mutual leadership
- We acknowledge that we all make mistakes.
- We believe that everyone has a responsibility for service, sustainability and global citizenship.
- We believe that everyone has a responsibility for contributing to enrichment and community events.
This list reflects our strongly held beliefs and also draws upon Putting Staff First by John Tomsett and Jonny Uttley
Our Teaching Profile (International School)
Dulwich College International (DCI) is a family of leading international schools in Asia. Across our schools, we are focused on nurturing every student to have the skills and motivation to thrive in life and make a positive difference in the world – that is, to Graduate Worldwise. To this end, we look to recruit the very best practitioners in international education who are passionate about unlocking the potential of our students, and who will continue to grow with us as Worldwise Teachers.
Our Vision For Teachers
• Put students first in all they do
• Display a positive attitude, adaptability and open-mindedness
• Show professional initiative and perseverance
• Are truly collaborative and display highly developed communication skills
• Are committed to internationalism and equity
• Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
Worldwise teachers believe in:
• The right of every student to be safe, supported and nurtured
• Evidence-based and innovative pedagogy
• Personalised and differentiated student learning
• Setting high expectations for every student
• Empowering students to reach their own goals
• High levels of student motivation and engagement
Worldwise teacher's practice:
• Maximises every student’s opportunity learn
• Promotes student agency, reflection and a love of learning
• Delivers academic rigour and holistic learning
• Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
• Creates a supportive and dynamic learning environment
• Develops students’ higher-order thinking
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, successful references, as well as due visa and work permit process as required by Chinese law.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 5 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Below 57 years of age
Situated in the leafy and green west of Minhang district, Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi caters for families living in the west of Shanghai who are seeking the world-class holistic education that Dulwich College has become synonymous with. Founded in ...