Are you a passionate educator, excited about making a bigger difference in a young and growing school, in a fast developing and beautiful country?
Upholding the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) operates two state of the art campuses on the attractive, green and spacious Star City and the Pun Hlaing Residential Estates.
DCY is currently seeking a Senior School English Teacher (KS3 and KS4) to start in August 2021 to work at our Pun Hlaing Campus. The Pun Hlaing campus has a purpose built Black-Box theatre, so a passion for drama/ performing arts will be advantageous.
Applications are therefore invited from highly resourceful, collegially minded and forward-thinking practitioners who can demonstrate that they are:
- passionate about delivering an English curriculum and co-curricular programme in a high-performing learning environment
- experienced in teaching English throughout the Years 7- 11,
- successful in preparing students for external examinations, in particular IGCSE (CIE).
- supportive of a child-centered approach to learning and able to nurture high levels of student agency within a classroom setting
- knowledgeable about the benefits of formative assessment
- actively aware of the latest developments in English teaching and pedagogy
- experienced in adapting learning to ensure it is inclusive and accessible for all, especially EAL and SEN students
- genuinely interested in making a positive and proactive contribution to a young, maturing school through the provision of extra-curricular opportunities
- eager to engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school
An ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning is expected
At least 2 years teaching experience is required, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE). All teachers must hold UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
In return, the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose-built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within one of Yangon’s most prestigious residential complexes.
Teachers will receive an attractive salary and competitive overseas benefits package, which includes:
- annual flight allowance
- furnished accommodation
- freight allowance
- comprehensive global medical insurance
- free tuition for up to two children at the school (Toddler to Y11 age)
- enhanced levels of professional development
The closing date for the post is Sunday 31st January 2021.
Your application should include a brief covering letter, a CV and a statement of your educational philosophy.
Interviews will take place from Monday 1st February 2021. However, we will interview suitable candidates as we receive their applications.
For further information, please see our websites at www.dulwich.org and Yangon.dulwich.org
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.
Dulwich College Yangon - Star City
Dulwich College, Pun Hlaing Campus, Yangon, Myanmar
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 16 years
About Dulwich College Yangon
Dulwich College Yangon is one school spread over two campuses in Yangon, Myanmar. Our Pun Hlaing campus opened in August 2016 and the Star City campus commenced operation in August 2017. Like its eight...