MUSWELLBROOK St James' Primary School
Vacancy TypePermanent Full Time
The role, Senior School Officer 38 hours per week exists to provide:
• a reception service for phone and direct contact externally to and within the school
• general office administration including maintaining student records, typing and preparation of documents, ordering of school requisites and administrative support for staff
• administration of school financial accounts including student debtors, accounts receivable, reconciling accounts, BAS, supplier payments, maintaining budgets and preparation of reports
• support to the school principal
• support the ethos of Catholic education
• be able to fulfil the requirements of the Diocesan Faith Education Accreditation Policy
• minimum of Certificate III in Accounting / Business or equivalent
• evidence of strong performance and quality of work with previous employer(s)
• a clear understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
• proven knowledge and skills with MS Excel and accounting information systems
• strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• enthusiasm, proactivity and capacity to adapt
• ability to work in an environment with competing demands where tasks need to be prioritised
• ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Your current Working With Children number must be recorded on your application
• Applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA ) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category A – Accreditation to work.
• minimum of two years relevant experience in finance / accounting
• practising Catholic
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 27 March, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St James' Primary School
P O Box 606
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae should address the criteria as outlined above and include after hour contact details of referees.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.