The American Academy Larnaca is a selective educational institution with an outstanding reputation and strong academic history, operating since 1908. Its core purpose is to offer pre-school to University entrance education of the highest standards based on Christian values.
The Academy’s motto “To Grow and to Serve” underlies the philosophy of the Academy and encourages all children to be leading citizens and lifelong learners.
We are looking for an inspirational and committed, highly qualified leader with the vision, confidence and skills to lead our school forward, helping us deliver the very best education for every child. The ideal candidate should demonstrate:
• Dynamic, passionate, resilient and inspirational leadership.
• The ability to plan strategically and effectively manage change.
• A drive to transform education for the betterment of young people.
• Being a strong team player willing to support other colleagues.
• Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school.
• Competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience.
• Creative, exciting, friendly and vibrant working environment.
• Happy, well behaved and motivated students.
• Dedicated and enthusiastic team of staff.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree holder.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position in an educational institution.
• Excellent knowledge of the English National Curriculum.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Post graduate certificate in management, preferably in educational management (e.g. NPQH or equivalent) will be considered as an advantage.
• Commitment to School’s mission statement and Christian ethos and values.
Application forms (http://www.academy.ac.cy/page/jobs/) to be submitted together with a cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates to the HR Department at: email@example.com not later than Tuesday 17th December, 2019.
Consideration will only be given to fully completed applications. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing will disqualify.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore police and health certificates will be required to be submitted on appointment.