The North East Learning Trust are seeking to appoint an outstanding Senior Strategic Leader to join the Senior Leadership Team of the Trust. As an experienced senior leader with a wide range of experience you will be ready for headship within eighteen months to two years.
The successful candidate will:
• Have been a senior leader for a minimum of three years ina range of roles.
• Have a track record of delivering outstanding outcomes for all students as well as the skills and qualities required to be a highly effective member of our Senior Leadership Team;
• Be uncompromising in their ambitions for all staff and students at the Academy;
• Possess proven leadership qualities and the ability to challenge, inspire and motivate colleagues;
• Have a proven record as an imaginative, innovative, resourceful and decisive leader;
• Have an understanding of the current educational climate;
• Have a desire to work within the Multi Academy Trust structure.
The North East Learning Trust
Formed in 2015, the North East Learning Trust is a multi-Academy Trust founded by The Academy at Shotton Hall in Peterlee. The Trust family consists of Easington Academy along with Browney Academy, a small primary on the outskirts of Durham, The Academy at Shotton Hall, Teesdale School and Sixth Form, Bedlington Academy and Ashington Academy in Northumberland and Diamond Hall Juniors in Sunderland. We also have initial teacher training provision in the form of Shotton Hall SCITT and Research School status.
All Academies in the Trust are committed to:
• pursuing excellence;
• encouraging all young people to aim high and make the most of their talents
• providing an education that enables every young person to achieve their full potential and learn with confidence;
• providing a safe environment where young people are cared for;
• creating a healthy, happy, disciplined and supportive environment which promotes an independent work ethic and a love of learning;
• engendering respect for individuality and difference;
• nurturing a sense of social responsibility and spiritual and personal development;
• fostering integrity, resilience, creativity, good manners and sensitivity to the needs of others.
As the Trust expands across the north east of England, we are seeking to develop an infrastructure that will ensure every child in our academies experiences excellence every day. Our students deserve nothing less.
Application forms and information pack are available from North East Learning Trust website, www.nelt.co.uk or Debra Livingston, Head of Administrative Services, Telephone 01915180222. These should be returned either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Debra Livingston, NELT, The Academy at Shotton Hall, Passfield Way, Peterlee, Co. Durham by 12 noon on Monday 20th May 2019.
Interviews and shortlisting will take place that week.
The North East Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
The North East Learning Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Applications with disabilities will be granted an interview if the essential job criteria are met.
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE.