A post has become available for a Senior Systems Engineer who will assist in the day to day server management, administration and operations of the College ICT Systems and may involve line management of first line IT Support and other technicians. Experience of working in an educational environment would be an advantage.
Applicants must have:
1. High level technical network and IT skills appropriate to the tasks outlined (servers, networks, hardware and software support for users, backup routines, telephone system).
2. Experience of administering and managing a large Microsoft network infrastructure.
3. Excellent knowledge of core server technologies required including AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO & Printer Management.
4. Good knowledge and hands-on experience with backup solutions.
5. Good understanding of networking technologies.
6. Some practical knowledge of managing VMware vSphere.
7. Must be capable of working in a team.
8. Must possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
9. The postholder must be aware, and contribute to the College’s equal opportunities policy.
10. The postholder must be aware of, and have a commitment to, the aims of a Catholic College and support the College’s equal opportunities policy.
Desirable knowledge/skills: SAN, SCCM, Cisco IOS Configuration, Office 365, Certificates, SQL Scripting & management.
Benefits include excellent training opportunities, free use of our state of the art gym, cycle to work scheme, an on-site nursery and childcare vouchers in a supportive community environment, 2 minutes walk from Clapham South Underground Station
The closing date for receipt of applications 21 July 2017
In promoting equal opportunities we welcome applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria will be shortlisted for interview.
SFX is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Education through a Christian Community