The English Teacher Training College and its associated Bilingual Classroom Initiative (ABCi) is a not-for-profit Austrian College based in Vorchdorf and Vienna with a dual mission: Firstly, as a college, to provide a practical education in teacher training for student teachers from the English-speaking world based solely on the candidate's academic merit. Secondly, as a charity outreach, to promote language learning, cultural exchange and foster understanding between English-speaking countries and Austria by bringing hundreds of teachers from England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia into Austrian classrooms to reach every child with a free English project by the year 2020.
As a Senior Teacher you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a worldclass educational organization.
- Coordinate and conduct formal observations of all Student Teachers, liaising with Course Tutors (teacher trainers)
- Conduct group coaching sessions
- Teach in schools across Austria, trailing new activities.
- Teach a 30-minute Teaching Skills Teacher Training Seminar at the end of each outreach project
- Transport Student Teachers between locations
- Raise awareness of ABCi online and the Virtual Classroom.
- Do spot-checks of student teacher observation tasks
- Communicate with Project Coordinator
The ideal candidate will be an English fluent speaker, TEFL certification, manual driving license and have experience that demonstrates both a genuine talent for working with children and teacher training skills.
- CertTESOL or CELTA certification or equivalent required (level 5 qualification).
- Minimum of 300 hours classroom experience.
- Driving license required. Manual license.
- Candidates MUST have experience with non-traditional teaching methodologies such as Communicative Language Teaching
- (CLT) and/or Task-Based Learning (TBL)
- Residence and work permit for Europe
- Candidates who have finished a course of study at The English Teacher Training College will be preferred.
Christmas and summer bonus. Health and accident insurance plus pension benefits and severance pay. 25 days Holiday days per year (not including 13 additional Austrian public holidays). Exceptional work will be rewarded with raises/promotion.
The successful candidate will be provided with access to an ABCi fleet vehicle, laptop and phone as necessary.
- Further professional training and development as appropriate.
- Full room and food expenses when based away from home.
- Work-related travel costs.
- Austrian public holidays free.
- Opportunities for advancement to the role of Course Tutor in Training.