Honley High School is a large secondary school graded Good by Ofsted in 2015. It is recognised for its long-standing tradition of academic excellence and for its friendly, inclusive, caring approach to the needs of young people. We are very proud of what we do here, of our record of student and staff success, and of the lives that we change during the time that students spend with us.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and innovative ICT Network Manager to lead a improving and ambitious ICT Services team. The ICT services department is an integral part of the school in ensuring that teaching staff are able to deliver a stimulating and engaging curriculum for our students, whilst our administrative staff are able to take care of our day to day business. Under new leadership, the school network has undergone extensive renovation over the current academic year, with more yet to come. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to be at the forefront of leading this change, and has the thirst, passion and drive for IT and networking.
We expect you to have a customer friendly service-driven approach whilst always being mindful of the end-user experience. We expect all of our staff to share and exhibit our vision of respect, collaboration, aspiration, celebration, and lastly resilience, which is fundamental to the nature of IT and problem solving. Most important is your attitude and approach to the role.
You will be:
- Able to lead and manage the ICT Services team.
- Able to ensure that the ICT services team is accountable and adhere to policies and procedures outlined by the leadership team.
- Able to provide the strategic vision in IT for the leadership team.
- Committed to working with external service suppliers on operational challenges.
- Committed to sharing your knowledge to help develop members of the ICT services teams.
- Able to ensure that the ICT services team takes ownership of issues (being mindful of the impact on the learning experience of our students) and work to set SLA.
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently with staff in a timely manner to keep them up-to-date with the progress of IT related issues.
Honley is within easy reach of Leeds, Sheffield and Huddersfield, and the school offers an outstanding CPD programme for all of its staff.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you require further information about the role, please contact the school on telephone: 01484 506484 or you can visit the school website at http://www.honleyhigh.co.uk
To apply for this job, please download and complete the Kirklees application form. Applicants must include a covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) incorporating details of qualities, skills and past experience in direct relation to the role requirements. Applications should be returned to Mrs Amanda Butterworth HR Officer, at the school address or by email to email@example.com
Closing Date is 9am Wednesday 27 September 2017.
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 9 October 2017.
Applicants please note: a Tour of the School will be available at 3.00pm on Thursday 21st September 2017. Please contact the school to confirm your attendance.
Honley High School,
Station Rd, Honley,