Sessional Teacher Opportunities
Location: HMYOI Werrington
Salary Range: £22.20 (Subject to job evaluation)
Do you want to work in an environment where you can really make a difference? Have you ever considered working with Young Offenders?
Novus deliver learning and skills in over 100 sites within Her Majesty`s Prisons, Private Sector Prisons, Approved Premises and the Community. Working closely with stakeholders, they aim to provide locally determined, high quality provision which meets the needs and interests of learners.
Are you passionate about helping young people grow? If so Novus have an exciting opportunity for a number of Sessional Teachers to join our Education team within HMYOI Werrington. The work is challenging yet highly rewarding with real opportunity to change lives. We have just become the first secure establishment in the world to receive the Dyslexia Friendly Mark, of which we are very proud.
HMYOI Werrington is located within Staffordshire and houses up to 128 Young People aged between 15-18 years of age. In our most recent Ofsted inspection (Oct 15), we achieved a GOOD and we are looking for innovative and motivated staff to help take us to Outstanding.
We have opportunities are in the following curriculum areas:
- Personal and Social Development
As directed by the Curriculum Manager, the purpose of this role is to deliver high quality, learner focused education to meet contractual requirements and standards, in line with Novus policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Within a scheme of work, developing lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Contributing to curriculum development
- Ensuring the safeguarding of learners
As a successful candidate you will:
- Hold a teaching qualification (minimum Cert Ed, PGCE) or equivalent or a subject specialist qualification at degree level / level 5 or equivalent with a commitment to obtain the outstanding qualification within a specified timescale
- Hold at least a level 2 qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
- Have a track record of effective teaching in relevant subject specialism
- Gain/hold and maintain a clean, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
It is desirable for candidates to hold a teaching qualification.
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
- And many more…
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, apply today.
For further information visit http://www.novus.ac.uk/careershttps://careers.novus.ac.uk/recruitment/vacancyView.php?requirementId=1771&searchSector=Any&pn=1&postcode=ST9%200JS&withinMiles=15&runSearch=0
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.