Smart Teachers is recruiting for Severe Learning Difficulties / SLD and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties / PMLD Teaching Assistants to work on a flexible daily basis in special schools based in Kensington and Chelsea. We have a constant flow of work available ranging from daily supply to long term roles. Smart Teachers are looking for dedicated, flexible, SLD / PMLD Teaching Assistants to join our pool of candidates.
About the Role
· SLD / PMLD Learning Support Assistants required in Kensington and Chelsea
· Working with a range of Special Education Needs, including SLD and PMLD
· Class support, 1:1 and small group roles available
· Full time / part time flexible working hours and days available
· Daily supply, short term and long term contracts available
· Working with SEND primary schools and SEND secondary schools as well as mainstream schools
· Daily rate up to £75
In order to be considered for this role, the SLD / PMLD Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
· Previous experience with SEN, SLD and PMLD (essential)
· Be comfortable with personal care (feeding and changing) (essential)
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number GMAB000.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.