Focus Learning Trust is part of the OneSchool global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Our small, friendly and welcoming team at our Linton Park Campus, are looking for a SIMS Data & Exams Officer to join the schools clerical team on a full time, permanent basis. You will support the senior leadership team (SLT) in developing and managing efficient and effective systems pertinent to the school’s data management, student progress and examination performance.
The successful candidate should have a willing and helpful attitude alongside solid customer service, communications and technical skills being able to communicate effectively to understand problems and explain their solution.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Focus Learning Trust such a special and unique place to work
• To act as the SIMS Super User for the school, and to be responsible for taking the lead role in the development and management of the SIMS system
• Maintain accurate SIMS records such as; Parent App, monitoring attendance, creating and amending aspects, marksheets, reporting templates etc.
• Update pupils’ registers and subsequent reports; provide daily/weekly attendance statistics, utilising SIMS software accordingly
• To compile and produce reports for parents, Head Teachers and Trustees as required
• Produce performance data analysis for SLT as required
• To manage and maintain the curriculum timetable throughout the academic year to include the allocation of classes, and to furthermore maintain the academic calendar within SIMS
• Ensure all examination activities are carried out in a timely and accurate manner, and are in line with the relative Examination Policies, Procedures and Exam Board regulations
• Liaise with SEND team to ensure all access arrangements are authorised and in place for examinations
• Perform such other duties as may be requested from time to time, commensurate with the role
• Possess demonstrable experience and in-depth knowledge of SIMS
• Have experience and an in-depth knowledge of exams administration
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work within professional boundaries and relate well with visitors, students and staff alike
• Be a strong team player with the ability to keep calm under pressure
• Ability to follow set procedures and use own initiative in a busy environment
• To set an example of positive personal integrity and professionalism
• Ensure high standards are maintained, progressed and promoted in all areas of work
• Respect the organisation’s Ethos and Values
• 20 days + statutory bank holidays entitlement
• Free parking on site
• Supportive staff, Trustees and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and resources providing an modern and technologically advanced learning environment
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• Professional support from Focus Learning Trust at our Teacher Academy - our brand-new skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout Focus schools
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.focus-school.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact the School Business Manager, Mrs Debbie Gilbertson on 01622 740825, or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Linton Park Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Charity No. 1066592