36 hours per week, 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday
This is a successful school with supportive governors and very special pupils.
From September 2016 the age range of the school was extended up to 25 and a new Post 16 provision was opened on a new site. We are seeking an experienced administrator with knowledge and skills in managing a school site including safeguarding and health and safety. This is a new role requiring a flexible, multi-skilled individual who can seamlessly manage a diverse range of tasks to ensure the smooth running of our new Post 16 facility.
Initially this post will require working on a small site with a small number of staff. The Site Administrator will therefore need to be responsible for decision making and be pro-active in resolving day-to-day site, staffing, pupil and visitor issues.
This post would be based at Corbets Tey @ The Avelon, 100 Avelon Road, Rainham, Essex RM13 7DH.
A Site Administrator at Corbets Tey @ The Avelon will be responsible for:
- Administration of electronic and paper pupil records, registration, etc.
- Ensuring the premises are safe, secure and ready for use on a day-to-day by pupils, staff and other school users
- Efficient and effective organisation and administration of school processes, procedures and policies
- Management of visitors including contractors
- Management of facilities, which may include lettings and extended site use
- Organisation, administration and reporting of maintenance and repairs
- Portering, which may include moderate lifting
- Managing site safety and security including risk assessment and communication of control measures to staff
- Monitoring the use of the site
- Provide day-to-day IT support/liaison with IT support technician
- Provide day-to-day financial support
- Liaison with the Finance Officer, Business Manager and Site Manager at the main school site
- Liaison with the staff at The Avelon Centre
Please see attached full Site Administrator Job Description. You may be expected to attend staff meetings at the main school site on Monday evenings until 4.30pm.
An application form should be completed via the Havering jobs website www.haveringschools.jobs by the closing date. If you experience difficulties, please contact Susan Townson on 01708 225888. Visits to the school are welcome by appointment.
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 4th December 2016
Interviews: Week Commencing 5th December 2016