Are you looking for a new role based in Luton?
Are you self-motivated, hardworking and reliable?
Do you have basic handy-person skills such as simple plumbing/joinery work?
If the answer is yes to these questions, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
The Chalk Hills Academy are currently recruiting for a Site Agent to join our friendly and good-humored Facilities Department to help keep our Academy safe, clean and in a good state of repair. We are seeking a committed Site Agent who will carry out general repairs and maintenance, liaise with contractors and suppliers and ensure our Academy maintains a high level of health and safety.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The security of the premises
- Heating and lighting
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness
- Maintaining premises in good state of repair
- Addressing Health and Safety issues
The successful candidate will:
- Have some experience of care-taking duties in a general capacity
- Be able to carry out basic handy-person skills
- Be able to read instructions and maintain work related records
- Be able to contribute positively to the work of the team
- Be able to communicate politely and tactfully with school premise users
- Have some knowledge of Health and Safety, including COSH
The job involves a considerable level of physical effort between 10-25% of the total working time. Lifting and carrying is also a feature requiring a high level of effort for 5-10% of working time. In addition, the post holder regularly works outdoors and will sometimes be exposed to the weather in doing so. However, this exposure occurs less than 10% of the working time.
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, approachable and supportive team
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Local subsided gym membership
- Free parcel collection and drop off
- Dry-cleaning collection and drop off
- Free sight test
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The purposeful and caring leadership of the Principal and SLT have created a strong academy identity and a positive ethos shared by all members of the community. The strength of leadership is recognised without exception by the academy’s staff. Students’ behaviour is good, the atmosphere in lessons is calm and studious and attitudes to learning are routinely positive as students want to learn. Students are hugely proud of their academy, they wear their blazers and ties smartly, do not drop litter and look after the modern, purpose-built site impeccably. They stand without instruction when any adult enters a classroom.”
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.