ASH MANOR SCHOOL
MANOR ROAD, ASH, SURREY, GU12 6QH
Tel: 01252 353900
Head Teacher: Ms A Bailey
Site Assistant/Grounds Person
Surrey Pay Grade £18698 - £23367 (depending on experience)
36 hours per week, 52 weeks a year The post holder will undertake shift work as part of a rota (will include some early mornings/evenings and occasional weekends).
Ash Manor School is a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and is now on a journey to becoming outstanding.
We are looking to appoint an energetic, confident and enthusiastic individual to join our friendly and supportive school team who will contribute to ensuring the school site is maintained to a high standard and provides a professional impression to all visitors, parents, pupils and staff. We welcome interest from individuals who are innovative, dynamic and are committed. Ideally, the successful applicant will have previous experience in a similar role. You must have excellent attention to detail and the physical ability to carry out manual handling tasks. You will work well under pressure and will be able to meet tight deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not exclusive to:
- Undertake emergency and first line maintenance repairs
- Transferring goods and materials delivered to the school to appropriate locations around the school site
- To provide portering and handyperson services as required, undertaking delivery of supplies to departments, furniture removal and movement.
- To be responsible for keeping pathways and hard play areas free of debris/leaves and assisting with the overall cleanliness of all external areas of the school.
- To be responsible for gardening and maintenance of school grounds, including routine grass cutting, hedge control, weed control etc.
- Working with various different types of machinery and equipment.
- Carry our general maintenance and arrange servicing of equipment.
- To assist with refurbishing and decorative upkeep of school buildings, including DIY projects.
- Inspect the site and report to any Health & Safety issues or areas of concern directly to the Facilities Manager, as appropriate
- To undertake other duties related to this post which may reasonably be required by the Facilities Manager, School Business Manager or the Headteacher.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community.
Potential applicant visits are welcomed. Visit www.ashmanorschool.com > Vacancies. Applica tions to be sent to email@example.com.
Closing date: The position will close as soon as a suitable field of candidates is achieved
The school reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated closure date therefore early applications are recommended.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.