We are currently recruiting for a Site Maintenance Assistant who, working in conjunction with the existing members of the Site Team, will provide practical support for the day-to-day upkeep of the school buildings and grounds throughout the year. This is a full-time permanent position commencing as soon as possible.
The Site Maintenance Assistant will be appointed by the Bursar but will report on a day-to-day basis to the Facilities Manager as a member of the Site Maintenance Team. The Facilities Manager will direct tasking on a daily/weekly basis according to the school’s calendar and holiday activity programme.
The need for flexibility is paramount. The Site Maintenance Assistant will be assigned to late shifts which operate on a flexible basis that is adjusted according to the expected close of business, but will normally be from 9:00 to 6:00pm or 11:00 to 8:00pm. There may sometimes be a requirement to work later or switch to the early shift which operates from 7:00am to 4:00pm. The total number of hours worked would be an average of 45 hours per week during term time and 40 hours per week during school holiday periods. Alternate weekend working or on call will be required.
Skills, Competences and Qualities
The candidate must be able to demonstrate working knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- A range of general maintenance, caretaking and cleaning duties
- Safe working practices, health & safety and risk assessments
- Ability to work independently and under their own initiative
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Trade or maintenance work in one or more areas, e.g. painting and decorating, carpentry, plumbing or electrical engineering
The candidate must be able to work within a small team and communicate well with teaching and support staff, parents, pupils and contractors on behalf of the School. They must demonstrate a caring and understanding attitude towards both colleagues and pupils.
Salary & Benefits
This role is assigned to the Support Staff Pay Group and the salary will be up to £25,000 per annum dependent upon qualifications and experience. In addition the position offers:-
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Membership of Group Life Pension after 3 months: 5% employer contribution subject to 3% personal contribution
- Death in Service Benefit
- Personal Accident & Emergency Dental Cover
- Access to healthcare helpline and counselling services
- Complementary school lunches (term-time only) and refreshments