Salary: Grade 9 Point 28 – 30: £34,350 - £35,892 (inclusive of London Weighting and Ealing Supplement)
Hours: 35 hours a week 7.00am – 3.00pm, all year round
Annual leave entitlement: 24 – 30 days per year (dependent on length of service) plus 8 bank holidays and 3 ‘Ealing Days’
The needs of the school will require a flexible approach to shift work, including some work at weekends.
Required for: ASAP
We are looking for a Site Manager who has a positive and proactive approach, can drive through change, and has a commitment to providing excellent customer service to join our friendly team who are helping to create an exceptional place of learning.
Horsenden Primary school is a larger than average, four form entry school in the leafy Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing, serving a diverse community. Our pupils have access to a range of fabulous facilities including an on-site swimming pool.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to support with the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan and annual Business Plan for our school. Our successful candidate will have previous premises management experience, taking full responsibility for the care and maintenance of the premises. You will be a key player in ensuring the high standards of compliance are maintained and that facilities are safe and fit for purpose. You will manage a team of experienced premises operatives and work closely with the Business Manager to ensure that the internal and external environment is conducive to the promotion of learning.
The successful candidate will be:
• An experienced caretaker who is able to build positive relationships with our stakeholders
• A team leader with relevant facilities management experience
• Resilient, passionate, ambitious and ready to take responsibility for our buildings and facilities
• Highly organised, self-directed, reliable and dependable
• Have a range of practical skills and be ready to use these to help maintain our site
• Able to work with and coordinate contractors ensuring that they work safely, to specification and timescales, holding them accountable with a high degree of independence
This is a unique opportunity to join our ambitious team and the successful candidate will participate in development and training opportunities as they arise.
What we will offer:
• An experienced leadership team focussed on school improvement and committed to professional development for all staff.
• A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact on our school community.
• Competitive salary and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Support and development through an effective appraisal system and regular feedback from monitoring.
• Leadership and Management CPD through a national apprenticeship programme is available for the right candidate.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service). Further information can be found at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and will be conducted in a safe and socially distanced manner. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
TO APPLY: Please download the application form, job description, person specification and guidance notes. Return your completed application form (including your supporting statement) via email@example.com or upload it to the TES platform.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Closing Date: Thursday 6th January 2022 at NOON.
Shortlisting: Friday 7th January 2022
Interviews: Friday 14th January 2022
Horsenden Primary school is a larger than average, 4 form entry primary school in the Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing. The school’s facilities, such as the swimming pool and the Children’s Centre, provide a range of opportunities to de...