Salary: Grade 2 £18,426.00 -£19,554.00 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week covering the hours of 07:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
Wilsthorpe School is a high-performing academy that is well on the path to becoming an outstanding school. Everyone in the school believes in our journey of improvement and shares common goals. Strong relationships exist between students and staff which are open, warm and friendly and these relationships have led to excellent attitudes to learning. In 2017/2018 the school was luckily to have a new premise built. It has a variety of control systems from fire sprinklers, climate control, electronic door entry, site security.
We are looking to appoint a site operative to join a team of site staff to provide caretaking, security, maintenance and supporting with minor repair works to the whole site. The site operatives work as a team on a rotational basis covering the hours of 07:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday.
The candidate should be physically fit and ideally have a trade background/practical building maintenance skill with experience of working in premises with Health and Safety knowledge. Some items on site are controlled by a Business Management System which requires basic IT skills. Experience of working within an educational setting would also be advantageous. The person should be able to work independently and be self-motivated but also able to work as part of a team, have good communication skills and have a commitment to high standards.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.