SITE SERVICES MANAGER
Salary: SC3 – S01 Pay Range (£21,591 – £30,711) appointment will be dependent on experience
Contract Type: Full Time (52 weeks per year, 40 hours per week)
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking to appoint a hardworking, energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, reliable and well organised person to join our team as the Site Services Manager.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day security and safety of the school site and premises. You must be flexible with the hours you can work including being able to work occasional weekends. You will also be responsible for non-structural repairs and maintenance, managing contractors, heating and ventilation and other general site services within the establishment. You will be expected to oversee the general maintenance and cleanliness of the site in order to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment for pupils, staff, parents, visitors and other users.
Previous site manager experience would be beneficial, although a high level of technical ability in routine maintenance, handy-person skills and managing premises projects is essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Be honest, reliable, hardworking and able to work using your own initiative.
- Have good DIY and premises skills and be able to carry our minor repair jobs competently.
- Have the ability and confidence to monitor the work of cleaning staff.
- Be willing to attend relevant courses to develop their expertise.
- Be good at prioritising and meeting deadlines and to work independently.
- Be committed to achieving high standards and take pride in their work.
- Have good organisational skills and the ability to sensibly multi task when necessary.
- Have good record keeping skills.
- Be flexible and cheerful and enjoy working with children, parents, governors and staff.
- Be a good team player, be pro-active and willing to become involved in all aspects of school life.
- Have good IT skills.
Annual leave is to be taken during school holidays.
Prospective candidates are welcome and encouraged to visit the school
Safeguarding is a high priority for us and all appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Application forms and further details are available to download from our school website.
Please have a look at the school website www.earlsmead.haringey.sch.uk for information about the school.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mreturned to the school by 12.00 noon on Wednesday 23rd October 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by phone on Friday 25th October 2019.
Interviews: Tuesday 29th October 2019