Marylebone Boys' School is a Free School which opened in September 2014. We now have 600 boys in Years 7-11 and we will be opening our new mixed sixth form in September 2019. In September 2018 we moved to our brand new school located in the heart of the prestigious Paddington Basin area. We will be part of a wider development by Westminster City Council, just a stone’s throw from Paddington Station with all the benefits of Crossrail as well as the existing Underground and National Rail connections.
We are an inner-city boys’ school with a cohort of 50% Pupil Premium students. We an academically rigorous school with an emphasis on good behaviour, commitment to learning and outstanding teaching, where knowledge is valued and available to all who are prepared to work for it. Expectations are high for all pupils. Those who need extra time and support will be helped and expected to achieve their full potential. Our motto is “studio et industria”, which can be translated as “through application and hard work”.
We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS.
We are seeking to appoint a sixth form student support assistant who will work with the school business manager, assistant head for key stage 5, head of sixth form and the deputy head of sixth form to support the students’ CEIAG (Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance) programme within the sixth form, work with various stakeholders to support entry to higher education, this would include being part of the administration of the UCAS process and to provide administrative support in the day to day running of the sixth form.
The position is term time only plus 15 days. Holiday would be taken during the school holidays. Hours of work are 08.00-17.00. (Monday-Friday)
Job Title: Sixth Form Student Support Assistant
Line Manager: School Business Manager
Main Purpose of Job
To support the sixth form students and team in the successful delivery of CEIAG programme and completion of the UCAS process.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Supporting the delivery of CEIAG programme within the sixth form:-
• Seeking out and establishing links with local employers and other appropriate institutions.
• Organise a range of opportunities, both internally and externally, for students to experience the careers guidance and enrichment
• Support students seeking work experience placements.
Supporting the completion of UCAS applications:
• Maintain and develop resources, physical and electronic, linked with UCAS and higher education.
• Support students in the completion of personal statements.
• Work on the administration of the UCAS process in collaboration with the sixth form leadership team.
Sixth Form Daily Operations
• Monitoring of sixth form attendance in collaboration with the sixth form leadership team and attendance officer
• Monitoring of sixth form study base.
• Administration of sixth form application, interview and enrolment processes.
• Organisation of sixth form specific events.
• Administrative support to the sixth form team.
Provide ad hoc support to the administration team as a whole, and in particular, providing cover for Receptionist on a rota basis
Any other analogous duties as directed by the Headteacher and School Business Manager/Assistant Headteacher KS5.
We are looking for someone with experience and understanding of post-16 education and the mechanisms that exist to support students into higher education and/or professional careers. Administrative experience within an educational setting would also be an advantage.
- Enjoys working in an educational setting
- A sense of humour
- Adaptability and someone who enjoys change
- Highly efficient and organised
- Calm and professional
- Ability to deal with confidentiality
- Excellent attendance
- Confident to use email, Word, Excel, outlook and able to mail merge
- Confident in handling numerical data
- Ability to communicate well both in written form and orally
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent telephone manner
• Contact us if you would like more information about the school or the position on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please complete the required application form available via the downloadable links below, and provide a supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4).
• We will only interview candidates who provide two satisfactory referees.
• The deadline to apply for this post is 8.00am on Wednesday 26th June, however we may contact applicants on receipt of suitable applications before the deadline.
• The interview process will include an interview and a series of administrative tasks to complete.
• We will inform all invited candidates of the outcome of their interview and offer feedback to those who are unsuccessful.