We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic educator, capable of establishing outstanding relationships with staff and students alike. Primarily the role is to ensure that Sixth Form students have a positive and professional environment in which to work. You will be responsible for managing the Sixth Form learning space to ensure A level and BTEC students can access quality learning resources and careers information. This is an exciting time to join St Wilfrid's. As an Academy we are forward thinking, yet hold tight to firm educational values which brings about examination success. We have recently launched a 1:1 mobile device scheme where every student in KS3 and KS4 have their own iPad. This innovation alongside an Immersive classroom space and iMac suite, ensures staff have the opportunity to utilise technology to inspire, enthuse and capture learning to bring about success.
The successful applicant will:
- Be passionate about improving the all-round education of students;
- Be capabale of motivating and supporting students in their study;
- Have drive, enthusiasm, resilience, warmth and humour;
- Contribute to the wider life and distinctive ethos of the Academy.
St Wilfrid’s is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 Church of England Mark 2 Academy committed to providing an excellent education, both academic and social, within a Christian context. It is located close to the Ribble Valley and has excellent road links with the M6, M61 and M65.
- An Academy where results exceed the national average
- Highly resourced with purpose-built facilities
- A caring, Christian community where standards are high and students thrive
- An Academy driven by strong values with a Christian ethos which permeates all levels
Visits to the Academy are welcomed and encouraged.
Contact information For further information or an informal discussion about the post or to arrange a visit, please contact the Academy. Alternatively please visit our website www.saintwilfrids.co.uk for more information.
Full details are available on the Academy website, or by email from email@example.com. Alternatively, please contact the Academy office on 01254 604000.
Apply by noon on Tuesday 27th June 2017
Potential applicants should note that a full Disclosure and Barring Service check will be carried out before an appointment can be confirmed. The successful applicant will also be required to undertake training in the Academy’s Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures on appointment.