Outline of Employment Position
Employer: Marc Telling, Haus Tirol, Dorf 91, 5771 Leogang
Workplace: Leogang, Austria. Potential race trips through Alps.
Employment Begins: 14th October 2018.
Employment Ends: End March 2019. Exact dates TBC.
Working Period: Various weeks within seasonal / program period.
Working Hours: Varied. Standard teacher working day of 3-4 hours per afternoon, 5 days per week.
Holiday: Accrued at 2.33 days per month of service.
Vehicles: Ambition vehicle for work purposes only (as per vehicle policy).
The Ambition MFL Teacher German&French / Houseparent position is a vital role within the Ambition Ski Team. Athletes as young as 8 years old join the academy for various weeks throughout the autumn and winter where our job will be to coach them each morning & for them to study each afternoon. Ambition teachers will be expected to make use of their surroundings to engage the student athletes in the local language and cultures also. In this dual role, the successful applicant will also act as a houseparent for the Ambition Team, taking care of pastoral responsibilities both at the Ambition base and during race trips. The Ambition Houseparent will be responsible for the daily care of ALL Ambition athletes.
Duties (Languages Teacher):
- Implementing athlete work planners.
- Teaching German and French alongside other Ambition Teacher and the Academic Liaison.
- Liaising with ALL athlete parents on educational needs.
- Liaising with ALL athlete schools on educational needs.
- Communicating with head coach and program director on any disciplinary issues.
- Organize school snacks with Haus Tirol (Ambition base) Chef.
- Airport runs to collect or drop off athletes at start or end of training camps.
- Transporting athletes to & from school where required.
- Attending race trips to support athletes whilst away from Ambition base.
- Ensuring athletes are well organized for each school day.
- Potential private study / tutoring 1:1 for athletes needing extra support / study outside of normal academic program hours.
Duties (Houseparent / Master):
- Laying out of breakfast for the Ambition Team.
- Ensuring house rules are adhered to by all athletes.
- Enforcing athlete bed times (age dependent).
- Wake up calls in mornings.
- Work through any / all disciplinary issues with athletes & head coach.
- Daily ‘room rounds’ once athletes have gone training each day. Keep a log of any disorganized rooms / damages etc.
- Evening room rounds to check athletes are prepared for the next day. Help them to pack bags / be self sufficient.
- Collect athletes from training during emergencies for hospital / doctors visits. Essentially ‘on-call’.
- Sit with athletes during meal times to ensure nutritional needs are met.
- Collect all medication and control usage for all athletes.
- Keep a log of accidents / injury using the accident book.
- Help athletes to organize rooms and documents (passports to be handed in) on arrival / departure.
- Review athlete medical / disclaimer sheets to ensure knowledge of allergies & medication.
- Ensure young athletes have correct equipment for each day including but not limited to sun cream, lift pass, water bottle etc.
Duties (Misc / House specific):
- Working as support staff for Ambition organized race events – including helping with set up, commentary, transport etc.
- Enforcing house ‘rules’ including bed times, wake up times and educating athletes in how to be self-sufficient at the right ages (duty of all staff within Ambition Base).
- Being present during ‘down time’ after meals and free time for athletes to be able to talk about educational needs or extra support required.
- Implement challenges, prizes or incentives for good behavior in school.
- Help to organizing team activities during athletes’ days off.
- Helping to clear daily snow fall at Haus Tirol (All Staff).
- Support other staff generally at both Haus Tirol & Ambition - especially during emergency times. This could include but is not limited to (and is the same for all staff) – emptying bins, passing plates through after dinner, setting tables, wiping tables.
- Communicate with parents about any medical, social or psychological considerations within school.
- Review and learn medical forms prior to camps for each athlete in case of emergency in school.
- £1200/month gross through the Ambition Payroll.
- Season ski pass.
- Shared Apartment accommodation (meals including during Ambition program dates only).
- Mileage on behalf of the business is to be reimbursed at 0.25€ / mile, minus any fuel bills already paid by the company.
Please apply via the blue 'apply now' button below.