£24,691 - £28,991 FTE
£21,142.88 - £24,824.96 ACTUAL
36 hours per week, term time only
The Young People’s Academy is a secondary co-educational special school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, based in Hillingdon. The school aims to provide a therapeutic environment to support young people’s academic journey and psychological wellbeing.
We are looking for people who are passionate about working with students that present with mental health needs and challenging behaviours. This role is ideal for individuals who want to work within education, health and social care.
The ideal candidate:
To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
• An ability to engage in reflective practice and work with restorative justice approaches.
• A non-judgmental and empathic approach to young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health
needs and their families.
• Strong behaviour management skills.
• A genuine passion for education.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• An energetic and enthusiastic 'can do' attitude.
• Resilient and persevering personality.
• Both a friendly and professional manner.
To apply for this role, please download the application form from the TES site, complete and upload.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Applications deadline: 3rd December 2021
Interviews: 8th December 2021
Start date: January 2022
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.