Social Media Manager
Location: Cambridge, CB2 8EA, GB
Category: Sales, Marketing and Publishing
What it’s about
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead and develop a world-class social media presence?
Keen to have the content you produce seen by millions of people each year? Then this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to manage our social media accounts and oversee some of the biggest social media communities in the education sector.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in digital marketing and particularly social media. Cambridge Assessment English currently has over 10 million fans across three different Facebook pages. We also have Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter channels and are constantly innovating to increase our engagement and reach.
The Social Media Manager plays an important role in the Marketing Communications team; managing and driving forward our social media strategy in line with business objectives, as well as devising and delivering tactical social media marketing campaigns.
As the Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for creating and managing fresh and relevant content for our audiences across these large social media communities.
You need to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our brand creatively across our social media presence, ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
What you’ll be doing
• Developing, and implementing the social media and video strategy for Cambridge Assessment English and IELTS
• Comprehensive content creation and distribution programmes to maximise the use of content by our network of teams around the world
• Managing external suppliers to ensure social media activities are delivered effectively
• Ensuring Cambridge English’s reputation is protected through on-going social media monitoring
• Tracking and reporting social media campaign performance to ensure our social media activities support business goals and maximise ROI
• Working as a consultant to our overseas offices; supporting and advising regional marketing colleagues in their social media strategy development, implementation and evaluation
• Undertaking on-going analysis
• Keeping abreast of trends and developments in social media platforms and tools to facilitate innovation.
What we’re looking for
You will be a graduate (or equivalent) with considerable experience in marketing and specifically social media. You will be highly organised and motivated and have outstanding written and oral communication skills. You will have an eye for detail, and be confident in managing and prioritising your workload. In addition, you will be customer-focused with excellent project management skills.
You need to work well in a team as well as independently to ensure timely project delivery. This role will suit someone who has a track record of meeting deadlines across multiple activities and has a commitment to quality.
You will need to demonstrate
• Experience in a marketing communications and/or a social media role (essential)
• Experience in implementing a multi-channel social media strategy (essential)
• Experience of a successful track record in delivering engaging social media content that relates closely to the overall business objectives (essential)
• Experience of working in the education sector (desirable)
• Experience of working in a large international organisation (desirable)
You should have
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
• Excellent interpersonal skills (essential)
• The ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (essential)
• The ability to prioritise and work under pressure, whilst keeping an eye for detail (essential)
• Excellent project management skills (essential)
• Degree or equivalent (essential)
• Digital Marketing qualification (desirable)
• Digital marketing experience, with a proven track record of working on large-scale digital/social media campaigns (essential)
• Self-starter who proactively seeks solutions to potential problems whilst being able to generate ideas and think creatively (essential)
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays pro rata
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 11/08/2019 and interviews will be held on 30 August.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER