Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Sociology Teacher to join an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school in the heart of Hammersmith and Fulham, South West London. The Sociology Teacher position is available to start from September 2019. The successful candidate will ideally have experience or be able to teach up to A Level, NTQ’s welcome to apply. This position is part-time, if Sociology Teacher is seeking a full time role, the school can incorporate KS3 Religious Studies to build a full timetable.
About the Role
• Sociology Teacher
• Part-time (or full time with KS3 religious studies in timetable)
• Teaching KS3 and KS4, Ideally through to A-Level
• AQA syllabus
• MPS inner London salary
• £29,000 to £41,000
• NQTs welcome
• Full time with KS3 Religious Studies or part time teaching Sociology solely
About the School
• Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school
• Single sex school (all-girls)
• Relatively small school
• Located within walking distance from a popular tube station with great road links also available
• Hammersmith and Fulham based
• Behaviour is excellent
In order to be considered for this role, the Sociology Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
• Must have experience, or be able to teach A-Level (AQA)
• Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum preferred not essential
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN1859SOC.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.