Would you like to use your excellent dual language skills teaching highly motivated students in one of the foremost state schools in the country?
Would you like the opportunity to work in a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively promoted?
Join Tiffin Girls' School and enjoy stimulating and creative surroundings and excellent benefits including a two-week October half term.
We’re looking to appoint a teacher of Spanish and French who would relish the opportunity to join our Modern Foreign Languages team and inspire our highly motivated, articulate and diligent student body. The school greatly values the contribution that the study of languages brings to its curriculum offer and to the all-round development of the students, helping them flourish as global citizens.
Both Spanish and French are popular subject choices at GCSE and A level, with a number pursuing dual language GCSEs. Our MFL department supported the achievement of an extraordinary set of grades in the summer, with 91% of Spanish and 72% of French GCSE grades respectively at level 9-8, and 100% and 71% A*-A in Spanish and French respectively at A level. Both languages are ably supported by specialist Foreign Language Assistants.
To be successful, you will need to:
- be confident in teaching Spanish to A level, and both Spanish and French to GCSE
- be confident in teaching both languages to high-achieving students
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who is prepared to engage with evidence-based research in your teaching
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
- contribute to an extensive and thriving extracurricular programme
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to join highly successful languages departments with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish, and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively promoted
- a two-week October half term
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office. Please return the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 27 January 2020
Interview date: Friday 31 January 2020
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.