Ryde Academy, based on the Isle of Wight, is an 11 to 18 years Secondary Academy and is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). The school is set in spacious grounds in the town of Ryde which is a short walk from the local esplanade; providing excellent transport links to Portsmouth and Southsea. In 2017, Ryde Academy had a new multi-million pound school building built on the existing site, with a student capacity of 1,500.
Known as the “Garden Isle” because of its beautiful landscape, unspoilt beaches, rugged coastline and beautiful countryside; the Isle of Wight is a perfect place to raise a family. Ryde Academy is easily commutable from the south coast with excellent transport links in Ryde to Portsmouth and Southsea.
Are you a self motivated,inspirational Spanish teacher looking for a new challenge? We’re looking for a Spanish teacher to join our good and rapidly improving Academy. The ability to also teach French would be an advantage!
- You are ambitious, aiming for excellence, and possess the drive and ambition to ensure each student fulfills their potential.
- You should have a strong track record of raising attainment and achievement of every student in the subject or the ability to demonstrate you are developing outstanding practice, if an NQT.
- You are a passionate advocate of your subject and contribute effectively to departmental and whole school improvement.
- You have the ability to teach across the age and ability range at of 11-16.
For an informal discussion please contact Tonia Voller, HR Assistant, on 01983 567331.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
If you want to be part of our warm, dedicated team, we would love to hear from you.
This position is required to commence September 2019. Interviews will take place Wednesday 24 April 2019.
Closing date: Friday 29 March 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, click on the ‘quick apply’ button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.