Leeds City Academy
Accountable to: Subject Leader for MFL
Leeds City Academy is a unique and very special place to work. Our philosophy is grounded equally in securing the highest professional standards and supporting and caring for all professionals. As a key member of the White Rose Academies Trust and ground-breaking Luminate Education Group, all professionals benefit from exceptional CPD like no other in the City. A broad, varied and highly personalised package is well-established, driven by the latest educational research, focused on the development of all professionals in the organisation at each career stage. Colleagues train with us, grow with us and progress with us.
Our academy is an extremely unique and amazing inner-city school, situated in the Woodhouse area of Leeds. The student body has nearly doubled in size over the last three years and now boasts just over 800 students in attendance. There is a vibrant, rich and amazing culture in the academy, characterised by the over forty different countries and first languages represented by our inspirational student body. Students and staff are incredibly proud of their academy and determined to work ‘In Partnership’ to secure further improvements and achievements.
We benefit from increasingly impressive facilities. The last twelve months have seen significant investment in a comprehensive building and refurbishment programme, resulting in a range of new specialist classrooms, learning and office spaces, new dining facilities, updated sports accommodation and changing rooms. This improvement programme will continue over the next twelve months, leading to improved specialist teaching spaces and the transformation of our outside space so that students can enjoy physical activity, relax and socialise with their friends in an amazing and inspirational environment.
Classroom Teachers – Expectations of all Academy staff:
- Ensure outstanding progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standards.
- Strive to deliver a consistently high standard of teaching and learning
- Take responsibility within own teaching areas, and in the execution of general duties, for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
- Consistently apply the academy Positive Behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students within the subject
- In consultation with the Subject Leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of high quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with the Subject Strategic Action Plan9
- Be a form tutor for a specified groups of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support the development of ‘In Partnership’ characters and moral, social, cultural and emotional development through the delivery of the PHSCE curriculum within form time sessions
- Make a strong contribution to agreed Student Culture and DNA areas as designated to the subject area through ‘immersion’ curriculum experiences
- Contribute to the wider life of the academy by participating in the provision of extension, enrichment and enhancement activities through a planned weekly programme
- Attend meetings, including parents’ consultation sessions and Meet Your Form Tutor Day, and fulfil duties or rotas as specified in the Staff Handbook
- Implement all Academy policies with regard to registration, student absence, student uniform, use of planners and other routines as specified in the Staff Handbook
- Observe Academy rules relating to the safeguarding of students, health and safety requirements and equality policies
- Participate in full staff and area meetings, actively contributing to Academy decision making and consultation procedures
- Participate fully in the Academy Performance Management process, engaging in professional development activities which enhance personal performance, fulfil personal potential and contribute effectively to the implementation of the Academy’s goal to be an outstanding place of learning
- Uphold the professional standards of dress, behaviour, attitudes, values and team spirit which will ensure that Leeds City Academy is a pleasant positive place to learn and work.
Part of the White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students achieve ‘World Class’ status.
We're securing our 2025 vision for World Class by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 400 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Our CPD Programme is focused on innovation, leadership development and delivery of excellence for vulnerable groups. Our Beginner Teacher Programme is amongst the best in the region. We are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as World Class within five years.
Closing date: Monday 19th April 2021 9:00am
Shortlisting date: Monday 19th April 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 21st April 2021
Start date: Wednesday 1st September 2021
For more information, please visit our website at www.leedscityacademy.org.uk . To apply, please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date Monday 19th April 2021 9.00 am. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and a DBS check.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.
Leeds City Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years