Teacher of Spanish
with possible 2nd i/c role for the right candidate.
Oasis Academy Coulsdon
M1-6 U1-3 as appropriate, Outer London Allowance
Part time positions may be considered for the right candidate
TLR 2a (Subject to Experience)
An excellent opportunity to join an exciting Academy committed to the development of all of its Staff and Students. The Academy is rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted and celebrated its best ever results last year with a progress 8 score of 0.36.
We are currently seeking a Teacher of Spanish to join us in September 2020.
Mission Statement – Excellence through Rigour, Resilience and Passion.
Why work for Oasis Academy Coulsdon?
• Distinctive ‘Family’ Ethos where Students are challenged, loved and expected to achieve Excellence
• Commitment to on-going professional development ensuring all Staff are given opportunities to flourish and grow
• All staff have a teaching coach and regular instructional coaching allows all staff to grow
• Comprehensive training opportunities with access to NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH programmes as appropriate
• Excellent induction for new Staff, and Staff new to the profession
• A well planned curriculum allowing teachers to focus on pedagogy rather than planning
• Reduced workload – no written comments in marking, no written reports, centralised resource banks and good behaviour with simple consistent behaviour policy
• Innovative and forward thinking Leadership team which help staff to plan for career progression
• A lively environment, with staff who care and are forward thinking
• On site nursery with subsidised places for Academy Staff
• Truly comprehensive and inclusive Academy – committed to transforming the life chances of all its students, regardless of background.
• Outstanding Facilities in a rebuilt and refurbished Academy Site (Opened 2011)
• Oversubscribed and the School of choice for Local Families
• On-site Enhanced Learning Provision giving Staff the opportunity to work with Students on the Autistic Spectrum
• Part of the Oasis Multi-Academy – a global charity committed to Education, health and well-being of many thousands of people (see http://www.oasisuk.org/ for more details on their Amazing Journey)
The role and what we are looking for
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate to work within a talented, highly motivated and supportive team of teachers within our MFL Faculty. We are looking for someone with Spanish as their specialism and either French or German as their second subject. You will be a motivated and driven individual who has the skills and determination to make a significant impact on the lives of our students. There is the possibility of a 2 i/c role for a suitably qualified candidate.
Due to our exceptional CPD and training, the school will consider a MFL Teacher who is in their first few years of experience, as well as those MFL teachers with more experience. The most important aspect is your ability and desire to constantly improve outcomes for students.
We are looking for ambitious and dedicated Teachers who share our Vision:
Oasis Academy Coulsdon is a family dedicated to every Student and the Community. Students will achieve Excellence and a love of learning through developing Rigour, Resilience and Passion.
The Academy welcomes Applications from experienced Staff as well as those newer to the profession – whatever your background or experience, we are committed to developing you and ensuring you remain professionally stimulated with real job satisfaction and support. To Find out more about the Academy please contact us and arrange a visit. Alternatively visit our website available at www.oasisacademycoulsdon.org
“The Academy is an inclusive community where everyone is considered important. Good Relations are fostered and discrimination is not tolerated. All, including Parents, are aiming for the same thing; a strong community that promotes tolerance, understanding, trust and respect for difference. Community cohesion is exemplary” Ofsted
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
Closing Date: 19th February 2020
Completed applications should be submitted to Hannah Suleyman, Oasis Academy Coulsdon, Homefield Road, Old Coulsdon, Surrey CR5 1ES.
Tel: 01737 551 161 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities