Brisbane Catholic EducationBeaudesert
Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: January 2021
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and inspiring language teacher to join our close-knit and faith filled school community. This is a part time fixed term - term time position working 5 hours per week, preferably Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday specialising in the teaching of Spanish across Year 4 to Year 6 (6 classes).
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement a quality language program utilising appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum, with a particular focus on LOTE,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Mary's School, is situated in the town of Beaudesert. We are a co-educational primary school with a current enrolment of approximately 350 students. Our school offers the latest in teaching and learning, technology and extra curricular activities. We are a high quality, inclusive Catholic School offering our students a rounded education that supports personal growth based on Christian values. We encourage our students to develop a knowledge of other cultures, environmental and social issues.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Kevin Billion
Contact Telephone Number: 55412005
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org