Gateacre School are looking for an experienced and committed SENCO to lead and maximise life and learning opportunities for SEND students and to support learner outcomes, irrespective of age, ability or background to achieve their full potential academically and socially.
We are a forward thinking, progressive 11-19 secondary school with a very successful and rapidly increasing Sixth Form. (16-19 provision OFSTED rated Good).
As a school, we seek to develop honesty, reliability, self-esteem and self-discipline. Furthermore we endeavour to encourage a caring attitude, a belief in tolerance and equal opportunity and the ability to work co-operatively within teams.
Gateacre School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are looking for:
• Graduate with QTS with additional qualifications in SEN
• Experience of working with pupils with special needs and other key groups of children, (EAL, Looked After or those on the Child Protection Register).
• Knowledge and understanding of innovative teaching approaches for students with additional educational needs
• Experience of working with outside agencies.
• Ability to identify pupils’ needs and act upon them in order to raise standards.
• Teaching talent, with the ability to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5
• Excellent subject knowledge together with a passion for your subject
• Drive and ambition to improve student outcomes.
• High expectations to inspire and motivate staff and pupils alike
• The ability to analyse student data and identify appropriate interventions
In return we offer:
• A supportive working environment
• Fantastic students who “behave extremely well in lessons and around the school” and who are “polite and friendly” (Ofsted).
• A supportive and friendly staff
• A great working environment with state of the art facilities
• Excellent opportunities for Continuous Professional Learning
• Discount on Lifestyle Fitness Gyms
• Child care vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
"Pupils behave extremely well in lessons and around school. They are polite and friendly. Relationships between staff and pupils are very positive and based on mutual respect" (OFSTED)
"It is therefore not surprising that more parents are choosing Gateacre School for their children" (OFSTED)
Further details are also available from the employment opportunities page on our school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/join-us/employment-opportunities/
Applications should be returned to Miss Kane: email@example.com
Closing date: We are continuing to accept applications until further notice.