Aldar Education is currently seeking high-performing Special Education Needs Teacher - for an immediate start. The current vacancy is based in ADNOC School - Abu Dhabi Campus..
ADNOC Schools are Massachusetts State Curriculum schools in superb facilities in Abu Dhabi City and the Western Region of Abu Dhabi Emirate.
The Massachusetts Curriculum is one of the most highly regarded and successful curricula in the United States, with close links to prestigious higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Graduates of ADNOC Schools receive the American High School Diploma - the standard entry qualification for US colleges and universities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Creating a climate for learning that is conducive for outstanding practice
• Identifying clear teaching and learning objectives
• Setting tasks that challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
• Setting appropriate and demanding expectations;
• Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment;
• Identifying SEN or very able students and ensuring that their needs are met through differentiation;
• Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge;
• Making effective use of assessment for learning;
• Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver differentiated lessons
• Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s ‘Behaviour for Learning Policy’ and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behavior, standards of work, and homework;
• Using a variety of teaching strategies to:
i. match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas, and use appropriate vocabulary
ii. use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to errors and misconceptions
iii. select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through the library, I.C.T., and other learning technologies;
• Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
• Mark students work at least once every two weeks and set targets for progress;
• Using performance data to inform planning and therefore ensuring the Learning and Teaching continue to ‘add value’
• Assess and record students' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and areas for development, inform planning and recognize the level at which the student is achieving
• Assess students as requested by examination bodies, departmental and school procedures
• Prepare and present informative reports to parents
• Take part in subject development by producing, reviewing, and updating curriculum plans and schemes of work
• Keep subject knowledge up-to-date through CPD and professional reading
• Attend professional development workshops as appropriate
• Undertake additional duties as required by the Principal or Vice Principal as appropriate.
You must be a fully qualified teacher with:
- Passionate and caring educators
- Bachelor in Special Needs Education or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification with a minimum of 2-year teaching experience in the related field.
- Experience of the American curriculum
- A commitment to an extensive enrichment program
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of your school community
- Experience with students for whom English is an additional language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services or Police check
A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be added as supporting documents on the TES website.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 22,000 students across our group of Owned and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation, and children's education allowance. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.