Smart Teachers is recruiting for an enthusiastic Special Education Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher to join a “Good” alternative provision in Ealing, West London. This school will be ideally looking for someone with a background in teaching ICT and Business however, will consider candidates outside of these subject areas, especially Maths. The Special Education Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher position is to start as soon as possible with the opportunity to become a permanent position for the right candidate. It may involve an initial temporary probationary period before hand. A position from September 2018 is available in addition to the initial cover.
About the Role
· Special Education Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher
· Full time
· ASAP start
· Potential to continue as permanent
· ICT and Business Studies background preferably
· Will consider teachers with experience teaching in similar settings, or interested in the field of special needs
· Teaching pupils from years 8 to 11
· Salary between £27,000 - £38,000 (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Ofsted rated “Good” alternative provision (PRU)
· Behaviour can be challenging
· Small class sizes, supportive setting
· Many teaching assistants in each class to support the teacher
· Located within walking distance of a popular over ground station
· Parking available
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Education Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Experience in a PRU preferable not essential
· Background or experience teaching ICT and Business studies also preferable
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN47207.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.