Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA to join a special school rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, in Morden (SM4). This full time SEN TA role is available immediately and will be contracted for the academic year. The successful candidate will support the whole class. Experience working with SEN is desirable but not essential – candidates who are bubbly, willing to learn and can use their initiative are also encouraged to apply.
About the Role
· Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN Teaching Assistant
· Full time role
· Fixed term position – contract for the 2017/2018 academic year
· Supporting whole class and individuals
· Daily rate – up to £85 per day (depending on experience)
About the School
· SEN school, which caters for children with ASD / PMLD / SLD
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· School spread across two sites – one primary and one secondary
· Small class sizes
· Outstanding facilities including sensory room
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Must have experience as a TA (minimum of 6 weeks full time)
· Experience working with children with SEN is desirable but not essential
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number DXT9273.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.