Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA to join a dynamic school. The school is based in the culturally diverse, north-east London borough of Waltham Forest. The borough is known for its contrast of inner-city urban characteristics, and more affluent residential developments surrounded by open spaces, parks, and playing fields. This full time Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA position is available for a September 2017 start and will be contracted for the full academic year. There is also possibility that this role could lead to a generous offer of a permanent placement. Experience working with children with complex needs, challenging behaviour, SEMH, autism and other associated learning difficulties is required. If you are dedicated and looking for an inclusive school on the cutting edge of what’s happening in education, this could be a great opportunity for you.
About the Role
· Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA
· Flexible on key stage EYFS – KS2
· Full time role
· Working with students with ASD, PMLD, learning and behavioural issues and speech and language difficulties
· Assisting in a mainstream school in the classroom, with small groups or 1:1
· Salary ranging from £17,000 up to £21,000 (depending on experience)
· September 2017 start
· Contracted until the end of the new academic year with the potential to be offered a permanent contract
About the School
· 3 form entry primary school
· Rated a ‘Good’ school with ‘Outstanding’ features by Ofsted
· Bright spacious classrooms with state of the art technology
· Outstanding facilities
· Small class sizes
· Offers excellent CPD
· Easily accessible from many boroughs of London (situated within great transport links)
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Proven UK experience as a Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant
· Previous experience working with SEN children
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Have good behaviour management skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number DXH15224.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.