Do you at least 2 years’ experience working in an office environment?
Are you self-motivated, well organised and have a great attention to detail?
Would you enjoy working for the SEN department in a vibrant and modern Academy?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Chalk Hills Academy would love to hear from you!
We are currently recruiting for an experienced administrator to join our dedicated Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Support for Learning (SFL) team. We are seeking an approachable, reliable and methodical candidate to provide a full and efficient administrative service to the SEN and SFL team.
As part of the role, the successful candidate will be the first point of contact in the SFL Department for staff, students, parents and outside agencies. They will be responsible for overseeing, mentoring, leading and organising the day-to-day management of the SFL team. In addition, the post holder will be responsible for providing a fantastic administrative service to the SEN Co-ordinator and SFL team which includes typing documents, taking and receiving phone calls, making diary appointments, taking minutes, record keeping and arranging meetings.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 2-3 years’ experience of working in an office environment
- Have GCSE / O-Level Grades A* to C in English and Maths or equivalent
- Have effective written and oral communication skills
- Have excellent inter-personal skills, ability to work collaboratively and also lead a team
- Have knowledge of relevant safeguarding/child protection legislation and best practice
- Be self-motivated, self-reliant and well organised
- Be able to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions.
- Be able to use Word, Excel and Outlook to intermediate level
- Be able to work on their own initiative and be a good team player
- Have work experience in a similar or same role in an administrative capacity
- Have experience of Sims Database, and other education data sets.
- Have experience of working within an educational setting with young people with SEND
- Salary: L4.23 to L5.26 - £17,410 to £19,154
- Weeks: 39 weeks
- Hours: 35 hours a week, 8:30am to 4pm
- Type of role: Permanent
- Start Date: As soon as possible
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ School
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Academy
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The purposeful and caring leadership of the Principal and SLT have created a strong academy identity and a positive ethos shared by all members of the community. The strength of leadership is recognised without exception by the academy’s staff. Students’ behaviour is good, the atmosphere in lessons is calm and studious and attitudes to learning are routinely positive as students want to learn. Students are hugely proud of their academy, they wear their blazers and ties smartly, do not drop litter and look after the modern, purpose-built site impeccably. They stand without instruction when any adult enters a classroom.”
Closing Date: Monday 16th October at 12pm Interviews: W/C 16th October 2017
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.