The London Nautical School is an 11 to 18 Boy’s School situated in the centre of London on the Southbank close to world famous theatres and art galleries. The river is close to our hearts and offers us a link to the sea, which gives us our heritage. The London Nautical School is a dynamic and progressive school that has high aspirations for its staff and students. With our 600+ students we are a close-knit, warm environment seeking colleagues who value this and wish to contribute to the wider life of our school and community.
We are looking to appoint a SENDCO who has the skills and knowledge to strategically and operationally manage SEND throughout the school, including the oversight of the Autism Resource Base. We are looking for a candidate who is ambitious, motivated, organised and dedicated to the achievement of those students that have SEND and other additional barriers to their learning.
The successful candidate will be able to show that they:
- Can create positive and trustful relationships with the pupils in their care and have the ability to know each child’s strengths and areas for development,
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of what effective inclusive practice looks like within a secondary setting,
- Are confident with the implementation of the SEN code of practice and additional statutory guidelines on supporting pupils that are disabled, have medical conditions or that are vulnerable,
- Can manage and develop a large team which consists of an Assistant SENDCO (resource base lead), a HLTA and Learning support assistants,
- Have a good understanding of what good intervention in different areas of need looks like and how this will positively impact on the young people in our care,
- Are organised and able to work under pressure, whilst still maintaining a positive demeanour,
- Can demonstrate the importance of working closely with external agencies and school based staff to promote the education and social achievement of our most vulnerable cohort.
To obtain a recruitment pack including Job Description and Personal Specification or to arrange a visit to the school, please email email@example.com or visit our website http://www.lns.org.uk/Job-Vacancies or contact Karen Powell, School Business Manager on 020 7620 2921.
How to Apply:
Please send your completed application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Karen Powell, School Business Manager, The London Nautical School, 61 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NA.
Closing date for completed application forms: Friday 20th April 2018 at 10am
Interview date: Friday 27th April 2018
Lambeth Council is committed to safer recruitment.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs and in the recruitment pack. Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all. www.lambeth.gov.uk.
The London Nautical School
61 Stamford Street
London SE1 9NA
Headmaster: Mr A Bull