Smart Teachers have been asked to assist a popular school in Redbridge with a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator / SENDCO from January 2018. The ideal candidate must have proven experience of being in a similar role and have experience of working in a very culturally diverse setting with high levels of inclusion and a medium sized team of support staff. The SENDCO role is being offered on a temporary basis but has a chance of being made permanent for the right candidate.
About the Role
· Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator / SENDCO across EYFS-Key stage 2
· Temporary contract from January – July 2018
· Full time role
· Line management of support staff as well as liaison with external agencies and members of the MLT And SLT
· Daily rates available from £165
About the School
· Larger than average primary school with three forms of entry and good levels of teaching assistant support
· Attractive grounds with a low-rise building complex and spacious interiors
· Ofsted rating ‘Good’ in all areas
· High proportion of children with EAL, and an average pupil premium percentage in alignment with most schools in Redbridge
· Close to Seven Kings station
In order to be considered for this role, the SENDCO will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· SENCO qualification required
· OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DDS3581.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.