The Governors wish to appoint an SEND Assistant to work under the direction of the SEN Co. and Class Teacher to support a pupil in KS2 with an Education, Health & Care Plan. This is a temporary role based on the needs of the child, attendance at St. Charles and continued funding.
The post is offered on the following basis:
- Monday to Friday
- 2hrs./day, i.e. 10hrs./week, 10 to 10.30a.m. & 10.50a.m.to 12.20p.m.
- Term time only, (plus Inset training days).
- Salary Range A1, scale 2 (on the APT&C pay scale), point 11 to 13 depending on experience.
- Approx. pro rata salary £4,600p.a.
To apply please complete the Catholic Education Service application forms, available on-line: http://www.catholiceducation.org.uk/employment-documents/application-forms or in hard copy from the School office.
Your application should demonstrate and include evidence of:
- Previous experience working with children in a formal capacity, being a positive role model and demonstrate a constructive, caring and energetic approach to the education and care children.
- A significant interest in supporting SEND pupils and meeting their varied needs.
- Ability to work with and under the guidance of professionals, outside agencies, as part of a team and also independently.
Exam certificates for pass grades in at least English and Maths GCSE, grade A* to C and include copies of the certificates with your application.
Completed application forms should be signed and returned in paper copy by 9a.m. on Friday, 16th December 2016.
You will be contacted if your application is successful and interviews will be held the following week.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, requires successful enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance and is subject to employment references, identity and safeguarding checks and a half term probationary period.
St. Charles Catholic Primary School,
83 St. Charles Square,
London W10 6EB
Tel.: 020-8969 5566
Fax.: 020-8960 4338
Head: Ann Slavin
Deputy: Tony Lynch
Asst. Head: Marily Troyano