The Governors are looking to appoint up to four SEN Assistants to work under the direction of the SEN Co. and Class Teachers to support individual pupils with a Statement of SEN or an Education Health Care Plan. These are temporary roles as they are based on the needs of the pupils, their attendance at St. Charles and funding. The posts are offered as followed:
- Start date is Monday, 4th September 2017.
- Monday to Friday.
- Term time plus Inset training days, i.e. 39 weeks p.a.
- The total working hours and exact timings will vary for each pupil.
- Salary Range A1, scale 2 (on the APT&C pay scale), point 11 to 13 based on experience. Actual salary will also depend on the contractual hours.
Visits to the School to meet the Head, children and staff can be arranged by calling the School on 020-8969 5566.
To apply please complete the Catholic Education Service application forms, available on-line: http://www.catholiceducation.org.uk/employment-documents/application-forms or in hard copy from the School office.
Your application should demonstrate and include evidence of:
- Previous experience working with children in a formal capacity, being a positive role model and demonstrate a constructive, caring and energetic approach to the education of children, raising attainment and standards working with an individual pupil and their teacher.
- A significant commitment and interest in supporting SEND pupils and meeting their varied needs.
- Ability to work with and under the guidance of colleagues, professionals and outside agencies as part of a team and also independently.
- A minimum of GCSE English and Maths, (grade A* to C). Copies of your GCSE certificates must be included with your application. Applications are welcome if you also have a degree or ‘A’ levels.
Completed application forms should be signed and returned to the School by post or in person by midday on Tuesday, 27th June 2017. You will be contacted if your application is successful and interviews will be held soon after the closing date.
Please indicate if you would like your application to be held on file and put forward if another similar role arises before the end of Summer Term 2017.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, requires successful enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance and is subject to employment references, identity and safeguarding checks and a half term probationary period.