Our Federation is a multi-academy trust of three secondary schools and five primary schools organised into three all-through clusters educating around 5,000 2-18 year olds in the London Boroughs of Lewisham and Bexley.
Borough Academy will be a six-form entry 11-18 school located in the old fire station building on Southwark Bridge Road. The plans have been in development now for a number of years and we were granted approval to open a free school on this site 2 years ago. The school will be part new build and part conversion of a grade 1 listed Georgian building.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job
• To ensure the needs of the SEND students are met within the school and Inclusion is evident throughout our all through academy
• To be named SENCO and to lead and implement the SEND policy across the secondary phase
• To Lead SEND support across the academy in line with the SEN Code of Practice
• To track achievement of academic targets of SEND pupils across the faculty including each key stage.
• To keep parents fully informed of the progress of the students with SEND
If you feel that this position is of interest and you have the right experience, skills and are ready for fresh challenges, with the ambition to make a real impact then we'd like to hear from you.