We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and inspiring candidate to effectively manage and lead SEND provision across our school. We are a fully inclusive school and we believe that it is our duty to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school – we are looking for the right person to help us fulfil this mission. This is a part-time role (minimum 2 days).
We are looking for someone who:
- holds the National SENCO qualification or is working towards completing the qualification by September 2018
- can lead, manage, develop and maintain high quality SEND provision which enables quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils
- has experience of working with children with a range of additional needs
- is a team player and able to work with and alongside others
- will be committed to fostering a love of learning
- has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- will contribute positively to our school community
- will support and uphold the Christian ethos of our school.
In return we can offer:
- children who are hardworking and proud to be part of our school community
- a welcoming, enthusiastic and caring staff team committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
- a connected curriculum approach to learning which focuses on developing children’s skills and understanding through purposeful activities
- excellent opportunities for professional development
- a supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who are committed to developing the leaders of the future
- the opportunity to work with colleague across the borough through the Brixton Learning Collaborative
The Governors and staff of St John the Divine Church of England Primary School are fully committed to safeguarding all of the children who belong to the school community.
To arrange a visit or for an application pack call us on 0207 735 4898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 20th April 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 30th April 2018
Further information about the school can be found on our website.
St John the Divine Church of England Primary School
Warham Street, London SE5 0SX