RA International School (RAIS) is a mainstream Primary School with a Learning Support Unit (LSU) attached. The challenges faced by our children include verbal and non-verbal autism, global learning difficulties, dyslexia and dyscalculia.
The school currently has over 730 students on roll from 3-11 years of age, from mostly Nigerian backgrounds. The school is situated in a well-kept company residential area which houses both the school staff and families working for the company.
Our pupils are the children of local and expatriate staff who work for Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Limited (NLNG). The school uses the National Curriculum for England, for English and Mathematics, and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
To organise, manage and coordinate the teaching of a caseload of students with specific learning challenges, such as autism, global learning difficulties, dyslexia and dyscalculia in specialist and inclusive settings, using an appropriate curriculum in a safe and conducive learning environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the team in the LSU including SEN teachers and learning support assistants.
- Organize and manage the caseloads to ensure that all children receive the best possible intervention and support within the LSU and the mainstream classrooms.
- Implement quality assurance through supervision, feedback, coaching, mentoring and performance management of teachers within the LSU.
- To carry out formal and informal assessments and develop appropriate programmes for identified children to facilitate their growth and development in all areas of social development and the curriculum.
- Establish good relationship with stakeholders (parents) through prompt communication and follow up of their concerns. Develop good communication with other specialists (Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Medical Teams etc.) who work with children on the SEN register.
- Ensure that all pupils’ records are kept up to date and accurately reflect each child’s learning journey and social development.
- Maintain relevant tools for tracking learning and measuring children’s achievements.
Job Requirements/Person specifications
- B.Ed., or BA/BSc with a PGCE in Primary Teaching or Special Education, and a minimum 2:2 award.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Further qualifications within the field of Special Educational Needs will be advantageous.
- At least 7 years post-graduation experience, 4 of which should have been spent teaching Primary School age pupils with different forms of severe special needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of Special Education Needs, for example: autism, global learning difficulties, dyslexia and dyscalculia.
- Experience in training and supporting mainstream teachers with differentiation and inclusion through INSETs, coaching and mentoring.
For details of how to apply and to download an application form, please visit: www.wclgroup.com/school-management/vacancies
Enquires may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon UK time on Monday 7th May 2018. Early applicants are encouraged.
RA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL