Inspire their remarkable with us
Come and be a part of our aspirational learning community and help to maximise the development of each and every child. At Anglesey Primary Academy we want our children to become respectful, resilient and responsible learners in a safe, nurturing and inclusive environment, where a strong sense of belonging and identity in the school and the wider community is valued.
Anglesey is a larger than average primary school in Burton-on-Trent with over 25 languages spoken amongst the student population.
We are enormously proud and privileged to serve the children and families of our community. Anglesey is a happy, warm and nurturing environment for all within it and every member of our team is striving towards creating the outstanding school that our families deserve. Ours is a very special learning community, filled with dedicated and talented staff, where all students, whatever their ability and background, will flourish. We care enormously about our pupils and work hard for them. We serve an area of high socio-economic deprivation which as well as bringing challenges, is extremely rewarding.
The successful candidate will need to be motivated, innovative, flexible and have a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of needs. They will have a passion for developing and extending potential in both our pupils and staff team by recognising and nurturing individual qualities and strengths, thus driving Anglesey forward to become an outstanding academy of the future.
The successful candidate will have:
- High expectations of children’s achievement and be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- An excellent understanding of how to use assessment information to plan and deliver learning that ensures all children make good progress
- Excellent understanding of how to enthuse and engage children so that they are excited by learning and by school
- The ability to motivate and inspire pupils to achieve high standards
- A good understanding of how to support SEND children as SENCO
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role in transforming the school
In return, we can offer you support and a challenge. We are a school making rapid changes that are having a positive impact.
- The children at Anglesey are keen to learn and want to achieve their best
- The staff are determined to improve provision rapidly and are embracing and driving change. They are committed to supporting each other and working together to address the challenges we face.
- We offer high-quality CPD and support.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like-minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech-enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have the energy for your job and your life.
To arrange a visit please contact us on 01283 563811. You can visit us on Tuesday 21 January at 11am, Wednesday 22 January at 9.30am and Wednesday 29 January at 9.30am.
Closing date: 12:00 noon on Friday 07 February 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduatesAET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.