Holy Mary British Catholic School started as a Nursery School here in Madrid through the vision of its founders, Marta and María Riva de Aldama. It was opened to cater for parents who wished their children to have a British style education based on Catholic values. It expanded due to great demand from parents, and continued to provide education as a Primary School. Further pressure from parents resulted in the opening of the Secondary School with the first phase of the building opening in 2013. Currently, we are the only British Catholic School in the centre of Madrid with around 450 students enrolled. We are a committed member of NABSS, COBIS, CISC and ACADE.
Holy Mary British Catholic School is growing and looking towards the future with a determined and exciting commitment to continued improvement and a creative and inclusive curriculum. We are a close and highly motivated group of teachers and support staff who create a warm and friendly learning environment for our pupils. We wish to recruit outstanding and inspirational individuals to join our team of hard working and enthusiastic professionals.
We seek a well-qualified and experienced special educational needs professional to join our Learning Support Coordinator in offering effective learning support to our pupils who possess learning difficulties.
Suitable candidates should:
· Have a successful record of collaborative teaching and leadership in areas of Special Education: providing tailored learning programs for students with mixed ability learning needs
· Be knowledgeable of primary and secondary school age students’ academic, social and emotional development
· Be highly capable of providing support within the classroom in an international context, and to children for whom English is not their first language
· Be highly organized, flexible and able to multi-task
· Possess strong communication skills in English and experience working with staff and families (fluency in Spanish too will be an advantage)
· Have a master’s degree in special education, psychology, or a related field
· Display a commitment to and support of the Catholic identity of the school
The job description includes:
· The design of Individual Learning Plans (as and when appropriate)
· Consultation with teachers to develop appropriate academic/ behavioural goals and monitor student progress
· Working collaboratively with classroom teachers to assist and support differentiation in the classroom
· Providing academic support to help achieve student access to the mainstream classroom
· Attending parent meetings sometimes together with the Learning Support Coordinator, the relevant school leader, or other relevant teachers
· Academic diagnostic testing, for example, to help secure extra time in external examinations
· Working closely with outside support providers and specialists to ensure that identified students are receiving adequate and appropriate support
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to enjoy a life-style change that accompanies living and working in the beautiful, historic and cosmopolitan city of Madrid.
If you wish to apply please complete and send the attached application form, a letter of application of no more than two sides of A4 with a current photograph, including the names, email addresses and phone numbers of three referees one of whom must be your present employer, to: email@example.com
Final date for applications: Friday 6th April 2018
Holy Mary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring Service.