ACS (International) Background
ACS (International) Singapore is part of the prestigious ACS family of schools whose proud legacy reaches back to 1886. Opening our doors in 2005, ACS (International) is a secondary school (12 – 18 years old) that serves both Singaporean and international students, with a diverse mix of 30 nationalities. Academic outcomes are a critical area of performance for the school, in conjunction with strong holistic development of students. The school offers the IGCSE programme with approximately 180 students graduating each year with over 50% of all grades being A or A*. The school offers the IB Diploma programme with approximately 180 students graduating with an average IB score of 36, including perfect scores of 45. Graduates attend universities across the globe, including Oxbridge and Ivy league universities.
ACS (International) is an Accredited Member of the Council for International Schools.
We are seeking a trained and qualified SEN Counsellor who has passion for providing caring and professional support to our students with SEN. Additionally, working closely with various stakeholders to develop and implement targeted one-on-one extra support plan for the students as required. This is a demanding, but an immensely interesting and rewarding role.
The start date is preferably middle of January 2022, or by arrangement.
We are looking for someone who:
- have empathy for working with teenagers who have learning support needs;
- able to quickly gain the respect of students, teachers and the wider school community;
- be a team player;
- has the ability to inspire young people from all backgrounds;
- can prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment;
- has a good sense of humor;
- respects that the school is founded on and adheres to Christian (Methodist) values.
- a qualified professional, preferably in Psychology / Counselling with at least of 5 years of relevant working experience;
- working experience in the area of SEN will be an added advantage;
- possess strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- a professionally stimulating environment, working alongside motivated colleagues from around the world;
- continuing professional development;
- competitive salary.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org must be accompanied by a covering letter, a C.V., a completed application form and names (including contact details and email addresses) of two referees (with at least one of them is/was your reporting officer).
Full details including an application form are available on our school website: www.acsinternational.edu.sg
Applications close on 13 December 2021.
ACS (International) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safe recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to a background check and/or criminal/police or equivalent background checks for all other countries inhabited (irrespective of whether you worked in those countries).