Smart Teachers is recruiting for supply Special Educational Needs Support Assistant / SEN SA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA to join our pool of candidates for work with a special needs play scheme based in London Borough of Harrow during weekends and school holiday. Smart Teachers also has a constant flow of work available for day-to day supply, short-term, and long-term blocks.
About the Role
· Special Educational Needs Support Assistant / SEN SA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA
· Class support, 1:1 and small group support roles available
· Full-time or part-time working hours
· Daily rate up to £85 - depending on experience
· Weekends and school holiday work available
· Perfect for candidates who want to gain more experience supporting children with special needs
About the School
· Students from local special schools join their play schemes during weekends and school holidays
· Supports children with special needs who have a range of emotional, social, behavioural and learning difficulties including ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), ADHD, general communication disorders, PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties) and SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties)
· Managed by an award winning charity in the London Borough of Harrow
· Originally founded by local parents, professionals and local community members
· Easily accessible from Harrow On The Hill and Headstone Lane stations
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Special Educational Needs Support Assistant / SEN SA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Previous special school experience desirable, but not essential
· Have a particular interest in or experience meeting health care needs
· Welcome actors and actresses who want to work on a daily or short-term basis
· Welcome candidates who want to be psychologists/ therapists in future
· Welcome candidates who are currently studying to be teachers
· Must be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number HZM12345.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.